Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First Holy Hour for Vocations at St. John's University


Since they started having a monthly holy hour, I decided to ask if we could have tonights with a vocation undertone. How beautiful it is to gather before the Blessed Sacrament and open all our lives to be touched, called and blessed. It started off a little shaky. Rain has accompanied us all day and when we were about to commence, a heavier downpour came along. Little by little they came, students from the university, our guys in formation. We sang, prayed, and heard the reading from Isaiah, Chapter 6 about his vocation. "Whom shall I send" said the Lord. And we heard Isaiah respond, "Here I am Lord". We read a vincentan vocation prayer and thanked God for each of our vocations. Whatever it may be, may it be for God!

P.S. Today was my birthday. I have many things to thank God for,...family, friends, and for my vocation. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment