Monday, November 7, 2011

First Visit to the Internal Seminary





On November 2nd, Fr. Jerry Luttenberger and myself, headed off to the Dominican Republic to visit the Internal Seminary. Neither of us were able to accompany this years candidate from our province. Daniel Rivera was brought to the seminary by Fr. Marvin Navas to the start this special year in the life of our formation candidates.


We arrived to a warm 85 degrees and lots of humidity. I will go wherever I am sent. Heat and I are not the best of friends, but all is done with love. We were greeted by our confrere from the Province of Puerto Rico, by Fr. Angel Luis, who had studied English this summer at St. John's University.


We met with all of seminarians at the Saint John Gabriel Perboyre Seminary and had a beautiful Eucharist and lunch. We shared a few laughs, heard a few stories and even saw a small video prepared by last years group.







It is beautiful to see the diversity of the countries represented by the group: Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, USA, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Venenzuela and the formattors Chile and Venenzuela (Fathers Victor Rodriguez and Henry respectively)


I hadn't been in the Domincan Republic for almost 25 years. I was sent there to start my own journey and learn Spanish. Now with all the mix of languages, only God knows what I speak and all the languages I speak too quickly.


Two days went too fast, hopefully my next visit will be longer, but it has been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment