Sunday, April 8, 2012

New Beginnings

For seven months now I have been trying to find my place in the new house, new ministry, new community at Saint John's University, all in all newness. This could be great at any given moment, but I think as I (and we) have lived this Lenten season, holy week and the now the Resurrection, it's coming into the light.
We all have baggage that we carry from our pasts, good and bad, that's life. At the same time we have experienced such an awesome and transforming event, it gives us the opportunity to make all things new. I pray as I start this new year in Christ, it can truly be more than the last. I'm not judging last year, but if I can take at least one step forward that will be a blessing.
Now as we start once again, can we run. We have to be willing to run the race, to take each step with surety not in our own strength and vision, but in the one who has laid the road before us.
Confide in God's providence who will lead us, Saint Vincent de Paul knew that it would never fail. If it's God will, then we have to be attentive to it, for all that God wants is for us to have life in abundance. And as we encounter those who surround us, especially the poor, let us communicate the life that has been renewed in us on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment